Our shop in Old Town, Alexandria is open by chance or appointment and we encourage you to call ahead to arrange a visit. We make every effort to keep our website current, but our full inventory is always on view in the shop. We welcome your inquiries regarding any of the objects on our site and are glad to send further images or information upon request. We also exhibit in a limited number of shows which you will find listed below.
We work hard to source rare and unusual, beautiful and historically important objects. Our inventory is researched and authenticated by a team with over three decades of experience. Please let us know of any specific objects you are seeking and we will work with you to help you find items for your collection.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Period Southern and Mid-Atlantic Furniture
- Early Southern Decorative Arts and Folk Art
- Early Alexandria and Virginia Silver – with a special interest in silver marked by Adam Lynn, John Adam, C.A. Burnett
- Virginia Stoneware Especially Alexandria Items Marked by Tildon Easton, James Black, James Miller, B.C. Milburn, John Swann, H. Smith or J.P.Smith
- Early Maps of Virginia and the Chesapeake Bay Region
- American Paintings and Portraits from the 19th Century or Earlier ~ Especially Southern Artists or Subjects
- 19th Century American Still Life Paintings and Landscapes
We purchase collections or single items of quality – please contact me for a confidential evaluation.